Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Punch me in the face!

oh, OK then. this is what my boxing instructor shouts at me regularly. Yep, you read right, I am learning to box. I know this is a scary thought for those of you who know me and get this (oh if you could only see the crazed look in my eyes) I am also going to learn Muay Thai! Isn't that just the best news you've heard all day?

I only started a couple of weeks ago but am already at the sparring stage. The first lesson I had to grab my instructor by the hair and knee him in the face! Excellent fun. If only I did it on a Friday night before I teach my teenagers rather than a Sunday night after I have spent all weekend dealing with them. Maybe that is why I punch so hard.

The entire hour and a half is peppered with things like "come on! Hit me in the face! Punch my chin! More power, good, good" and then on Sunday he randomly just threw a punch at me with no warning - hmm testing me see. Unfortunately we are not doing well (this will surprise you) at the looking mean part, we are too busy laughing. There are 5 of us girls from work and it is great. Although, Jenny was offended when he told her she hits like a girl!

Clearly, he is small and stocky, not an inch of fat on him and the energy of a bull that's just stumbled upon an electric fence. He's mean too, now we aren't allowed to stand around gossiping while others spar in the ring we have to do sit ups while we wait! Nightmare. the gloves ming though, oh my word, hours of sweaty hands in there, woah it is dreadful.

I finally have a whole 9 days holiday starting on Thursday woo hoo! But I love my boxing so much I am going to split my trips so that I can be back in BKK on Sunday to go to my lesson. Sleep easy...

No comments: