Tuesday, February 14, 2006

School Time

Don't be fooled by the angelic looks. Of course, a lot of these girls are some of my faves in P1, they are rarely in a mood, don't fight with the others and always try hard at English. But, there is still oodles of room for mischief.






















This is where the magic happens. My classroom. Shame the tables aren't naild to the floor. Somehow, Kindergarten manage to move them right in to withing inches of me during the class and I still have no idea how. On Friday, I turned round to discover one of my Kindergarten with a plastic bag on his head! An ill feeling really hit me to the core and I told him to take it off. He looke at me smiled and then pulled a face like he was dead. Clearly, someone had caught him doing it before and warned him of the consequences, but noone had thought to take it away from him!











This is Som Tum. A staple Thai dish. Made with grated green papaya, fish sauce, chillis and peanuts. It is delicious. They crush all the ingredents together in this big thing with a pestle and mortar. Most people have it for lunch and it is a popular cheap street food.

No comments: